Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy birthday to you!!

My youngest turned 6 yesterday. He's a big boy and has run around the house telling me that he can't wait until he's 19. I suck in air, and try not to watch as his life flies by.

What is it about all of us that makes us wish for the next milestone? Why is contentment such a hard thing?

I would like to believe that it's only my children who struggle with this but I would be lying. Contentment is often elusive but can be grasped when a concious effort is made, on my part.

For today, I will try to revel in my youngest sons new grown-up status and try desperately to enjoy every last second of 6.

May you find contentment in your life today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They grow up so fast. I still tell mine they are my babies. They accept it from me to mean that I will always struggle with their growing up and that I am always proud of them as they do. Tell yours Happy Birthday fromt he San Antonio crew and give hugs from us!!