Thursday, August 13, 2009

Trust...

I love my children. I would give my life for them and I tell them those things regularly. So, why is it that when I ask them (ok one of them in particular) to do something that seems out of the ordinary, he asks me if - it's safe, OK, alright, or whatever else he thinks to ask?

Haven't I told him that I love him and will protect him and provide for him? Haven't I always done that?

And then comes the whisper in my ear, "I tell you the same things, my child. Why do you question me? Haven't I been consistent? Haven't I always provided, protected and been there for you?"

And then I remember that my son, like myself, is a sinner filled with doubt and questions. He asks these questions of me just like I ask them of God.

Still learning........

No comments: